Fluorocarbon leaders are extremely tough! The dense molecular structure means that it is highly resilient to cutting on sharp objects that are commonly found on the bottom of the venues we fish. If you are looking for an awesome alternative to the very commonly used lead core leaders, then maybe Mirage is the answer you have been looking for?
Important – always ensure that rigs incorporating leaders are safe, i.e. they allow the terminal setup to drop the lead (see our article Drop Zone for advice) or for hook links and beads to pass over the leader knot in the event of the mainline cutting.
100m spools of Mirage offer the discerning angler the chance to use the very best 100% PVDF Fluorocarbon line in a very cost effective way.
Not all Fluorocarbons are the same. Mirage offers a higher linear and knot strength and better abrasion resistance than any other 100% Fluorocarbons that we have tested.
There are numerous advantages to using Fluorocarbon – it is naturally highly abrasion resistant and its density ensures that it lies flat – but without doubt, Mirage’s greatest benefit is that it is virtually invisible in water.
Where as most other pure Fluorocarbons suffer from poor knot strength, the unique resin formula used in Mirage gives it outstanding and reliable knot strength when tied with a simple blood knot. ‘Rated’ strengths are an indication of the strength of the line using the blood knot – do not be fooled by other brands that show a linear (unknotted) rating which is meaningless to us anglers as we cannot fish without a knot!
Accept no substitute…choose Mirage.
- Fast sinking – lies flat on the bottom for ultimate presentation at all times.
- Nearly invisible under water. The refractive index of 1.42 is very close to that of water, making Mirage almost impossible for fish to spot even in the clearest conditions.
- High-tech low memory formula gives unparalleled casting performance.
- Ultimate tensile and knot strength: Mirge has consistently out-performed all other fluorocarbon mainlines during testing. Unlike monofilaments, fluorocarbon lines tend to work best with a blood knot.
- Low stretch – offers improved bite indication and a crisp precise feel.
- Higher abrasion resistance than other premium fluorocarbon mainlines.
- Non hydroscopic – does not absorb water that causes monofilament lines to lose knot strength after long periods immersed in water.
- UV Resistant – does not deteriorate in sunlight.